Quality, environmental, occupational health and safety policy
At its new pier quays, the most advanced Ro-Pax terminal of Central Klaipėda Terminal (lith. UAB Centrinis Klaipėdos terminalas) accommodates Ro-Ro, Ro-Pax, Con-Ro, cruise and other types of vessels, handles various types of cargo. The terminal has the possibility to store wheeled machinery and other cargo in both closed warehouses and open storage area. A marine station complex has been developed for a safe, fast and convenient passenger service.
Central Klaipėda Terminal seeks to establish itself as one of the companies of the Port of Klaipėda providing the highest quality port services. To ensure the quality of the services provided, safety of employees, customers and passengers as well as environmental friendliness, Central Klaipėda Terminal has implemented and certified a quality, environmental, occupational health and safety management system that complies with the requirements of international standards LST EN ISO 9001, LST EN ISO 14001 and LST EN ISO 45001.
The management system ensures that Central Klaipėda Terminal follows the following PRINCIPLES when providing its services:
- Implementation and maintenance of an integrated quality, environmental, occupational health and safety management system and improvement of performance in the company.
- Fulfilment of the requirements of the legal acts in force in the Republic of Lithuania regulating the activities of the company as well as of other assumed obligations and requirements of the interested parties.
- Provision of quality stevedoring, warehousing and passenger handling services, continued increase in the volume of services.
- Management of services provided by suppliers and contractors, involving them into the implementation of quality, environmental, occupational health and safety decisions.
- Increasing of the positive impact of the activities on the environment, prevention of pollution and accidents, rational and economical use of natural, material and energy resources and continuous improvement of environmental protection, hazard identification, risk assessment and preventive measures.
- Continuous professional development of employees, improvement of their competencies, creation of safe working conditions: prevention of injuries, occupational diseases, illnesses and incidents, introduction of new technologies and work organisation methods.
- Development of the responsibility of each employee for the quality, safety and environmental impact of their work, encouragement of employees’ creativity, initiative and respect for human rights.
- Implementation, improvement and continuity of the Quality, Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
The Policy of Central Klaipėda Terminal is available to the public, all employees are acquainted with this Policy and follow it in their activities.